Talking To Yourself In Your Garden? You Might Find Something Out About Yourself
...and fingernail polish works wonders
Dear Readers, it doesn’t matter how much I’ve run or done yoga over the winter, or how well we “put the garden to bed,” that first day out in the garden is ouch on many levels.
But for me, as much as gardening is a physical job, it’s also one where I happen to talk to myself a lot, and the talk I was giving myself was about the fact that gardening seems to me to be the perfect metaphor for all of life.
And here is how that little conversation in my head went:
1. You have to be willing to do the sh*t jobs
2. You have to have a vision and Big Dreams.
3. You have to be willing to plant the seeds and plant the plants.
4. You have to have patience
5. You have to learn how to deal with things that are totally out of your control