Monday, August 20, 2012

The Pumpkin (and Squash and Gourd) Patch

This back forty part of the pumpkin
patch garden started when I
discovered, in my compost bin,
(An old metal garbage can that
I use for a compost pile if truth be told) a big
pile of growing sprouting pumpkin seeds.

Knowing that did not have the time or energy to individually
plant each any every one(there must have been 25+ or more)
I dug a hole and planted them  where I thought they might grow.

Low and behold
5 months later this is what the
pumpkin patch looks like today.
All from volunteer pumpkins seeds form last year's
harvest.

Woo Hoo.


If you are wondering why do all these
 pumpkins have nets around them, it is  so
the critters do not eat them.
Which has happened BTW and which
has pissed me off in the past















No comments:

Post a Comment