Sunday, June 6, 2010

Swiss Chard, The Other Green (Spinachlike) Veggie

My first seed planting of the season came to fruition recently, and it was Swiss Chard.

Pretty soon I had so much Swiss Chard, I didn't know what to do with it all.  I started putting Swiss Chard in everything. Swiss Chard Omelets, Angel Hair Pasta Mixed with Swiss Chard & Parmesan Cheese, Swiss Chard on my Pizza, Swiss Chard this and Swiss Chard that. I found Swiss Chard recipes online from people all over the country, making Swiss Chard their way, from their neck of the woods. There's even gourmet recipes for Swiss Chard to meet the more discriminating palate.

In any case Swiss Chard is highly under appreciated in my humble opinion.  It is one step above collard greens, but lower on the greens scale than spinach. For those who have no idea what Swiss Chard is and never heard of it, go here.

No comments:

Post a Comment